Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Feeling Down

I don't know if anyone struggles with this phenomenon like I do. But I feel like as soon as I make conscious efforts to stay close to God, read my bible, actually crave God's fellowship, pray and worship, I get an extra strong case of the blues. Whenever I'm feeling a little "whatever" about being consistent in my relationship with God I am completely fine and happy. (Not when I am in sin though.) But when my life is fine, there are no major struggles to go through and I just try to maintain contact with God because I don't want to only run to Him when things are wrong, I start feeling down and alone.

Is that just a form of attack? Will it go away or only get worse? Does anyone else struggle with emotions like that? I tend to get distracted and revert back to being a little "whatever." Which always results in bad decisions and consequences that force me to RUN back to God. But I don't want a repeat of the same mistakes. I am determined to do it different this time...

1 comment:

  1. I'm proud of you... It's not quite like that for me... I actually get the blues when I'm NOT consistent in my reading/praying/journaling, but when I am, it's all good. Not easy, but good :)

    I think what you're experiencing IS an attack... the enemy trying to discourage you and even threaten you with future blues when you do read and pray... I think it's something you need to/can break through though... I doesn't have to stay like that. I can't think of any examples in the Bible that would signify that it's "normal"... Let's pray about it at BF :)

    ReplyDelete