Monday, January 30, 2012

Blessed

I am truly blessed. It's day three after the execution of the most difficult decision of my life to date. (Or what feels like simply an execution). And right now I am thankful for all of my friends and family. The abundance of response in this difficult time has been overwhelming -- each person who has read this blog has replied in one way or another. The replies have not been "one worders" either. Each response has been thought through, ample with bible texts, encouraging and very very helpful! I am flabbergasted at the amount of people who have been praying for me even though they didn't know what was going on. Message after message has been coming in with "You have been on my mind for a long time. God has been putting it on my heart to pray for you even though I didn't know why. I sensed that you needed prayer." Thank you everyone who has been obedient to the Holy Spirit in this! It's only your prayers and that got me out and that are keeping me sane and afloat right now. God is truly an amazing God who works miracles.

So far the miracles have been the following: on Saturday night a group of old friends (who don't know about what I'm going through) has resurfaced out of nowhere, and I had a great time celebrating one of their birthdays and keeping my mind occupied.

My parents, whom I went to visit over the weekend, have found a new church, and have been attending bible study there, leading to a total break-through in my mother's relationship with God. As a result of that, she was very well spiritually prepared for becoming a counselor to me at this time.

For her own ministry, my mom has set up a workstation consisting of a keyboard, Finale (music software) and a midi sound card. Because of that, (as well as her patience in hand-holding me through every step of the process) one song (from my pile of 50+) has finally been written down.

I am now off to small group. So far my days are filling up pretty fast with God-centered activity. I am trying my best to keep my mind on God and off the pain. Please keep praying.

No comments:

Post a Comment