Tuesday, September 29, 2009

God Talking

I don't even know where to start describing to you the last twenty-four hours of my life. All I can say is that God has been talking and answering prayer, in the most awesome, unimaginable, and direct ways ever. He has also been showing His LOVE. And pouring an abundance of it into my life, as well as the life of those people close to me.

Ever since I came back from my hometown of Latvia, I've been praying specifically for the desire to Worship in my heart to come to fruitition. I've been praying for getting the right resources, meeting the right people, and ending up at the right places to be able to make what's in my head come to life. Yesterday God answered part of that prayer. I was blessed to attend a Mars Hill small group, that will probably end up being home for a long time. When we were voicing our prayer requests, the darling person who invited me there turned to me and asked if I have a keyboard at my new place. After figuring out that I don't, he immediately offered me one -- apparently sitting in his garage with no use for a while! Immediate answer to prayer? I think so! (And boy is that keyboard about to become useful for Christ!)

While reading my bible at night before bed, the verse that God gave me, written in Psalm 57:7 can be paraphrased in this way: "My heart is ready! So I will worship and sing You praises!" Could He be MORE direct in regards to what's going on in my life? My heart IS ready! And He is loving enough to point out that He noticed and cares!

This morning my friend and I were discussing the goodness of God and how when He talks He speaks DIRECTLY to people. I was voicing some concerns about His calling in my life, and the exact next steps I need to take -- especially in regards to the aforementioned music ministry. Upon returning to my computer, I saw a message from a friend back in Latvia, asking me for guitar chords of a specific song that the Holy Spirit gave me and I sang at my home church. God couldn't be more specific in His direction! He truly directs your path if you acknowledge Him and specifically ask for it!

Other things have happened that either I or the small groups I am in have been praying for recently. Basically, the power of God is moving RIGHT NOW, and it's not a cliché! He is talking to many people right this moment, seeking ways to show His love for every single person living on this earth! And filling His children with that supernatural love and joy so that they can share it with everyone around. God is doing His work and speaking His word! All you gotta do is LISTEN and seek Him out!

No comments:

Post a Comment